Monday, July 22, 2013

Baytowne Wharf

As I mentioned earlier, my friends and I visited the Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin, FL recently.  It is a fabulous little shopping and eating area within a gated community in Sandestin.  It really could not get any cuter!

We arrived with intentions of eating and doing some shopping and that is EXACTLY what we did.  There were lots of restaurants and little kiosk places to grab a bite.  We chose Hammerhead's and it did not disappoint.  We shared an appetizer of Shrimp Queso (yummo!) and I had the Shrimp Po Boy with fries and a sweet tea (my fave!).  I am not exaggerate with I say this sandwich was longer than my forearm and overflowing with delicious, fresh fried shrimp.  A little ketchup and I'm in shellfish heaven.  L ordered the fried catfish and K got an all-American cheeseburger.  Both looked yummy, but I didn't taste--I was too busy diving mouth first into my Po Boy.





After our delicious meal, we took a walk out onto the pier and then headed out to check out some of the shops.  The first place we stopped was Coconut Kids--an adorable little boutique with some of the cutest kid clothes I have ever seen.  I am here to tell you, this Mudpie flamingo outfit would have been mine (or rather C's) had I had the extra money to get it!



Then we walked on down to a few more shops to just look around.  I love to window shop, but I can tell you, these shops are not for the cheap or thrifty.  But they are tons of fun to walk through and dream!  After some window shopping (and slight sticker shock) we decided that our sweet tooth needed to be satisfied.  I had never had gelato, so we stopped for some.  It did not disappoint.  I love all things chocolate, and this little store was just adorable.  I love that they garnished the simple scoops with a tiny cone.  Too cute!






Then we stopped in the candy store to look around and grab some souvenirs.  K got some special bones for her dogs, L got some salt water taffy, and I came home with two different types of fudge--peanut butter chocolate and cookies and cream.  They were both delicious and 'Hubs approved.'





Baytowne Wharf is a fun and very family friendly place.  There was a play area, zip line, jumping areas, and other fun activities for your little ones and tons of shopping and delicious restaurants for your family to enjoy.  I would love to go back and spend more time just enjoying the scenery and good eats.


No comments:

Post a Comment