Thursday, August 29, 2013

Birthday Party Rewind: Pirate Parrrrrty

I am in full on party planning mode for B's fifth birthday party that is coming up in a few days.  With all thing birthday party being on my mind, I got to looking at some of our picture from previous parties.  I decided to write what I could remember from a few of the kids' parties of birthdays gone by.  Today is a recap of B's fourth birthday Pirate Parrrrrty.

Pirate stuff has been pretty easy to find for the last couple of years so this was an obvious choice for a party theme.  I ordered the invitations from Vistaprint and they came out super cute!



The same friend who did the cute Mickey and Minnie items for C's party did B's pirate shirt.  I love it!!





We kicked off the fun with our swashbuckers earning their pirate garb.  They had to 'Walk the Plank,' 'Swab the Deck,' 'Dig for Treasure' and then gather where 'x marks the spot.'  Once all the pirates had gathered on the x, they could get their gear:  a hat and eye patch.  It was a fun time for the kiddos.






We served a delicious lunch (if I do say so myself) of Sword-ourves, Land-lubber Subs, Peg Leg PB&J, Treasure Chips, and of course, cake and ice cream.  I did the cake myself, and as much as I hate to say it, it was not one of my best.  I mean, good grief, it even looks kinda crooked in the picture!!  The white stripes and skulls n crossbones were made of fondant, and I can say with absolute certainty that I DESPISE working with fondant and probably will not do it again.









I purchased red solid and black and white striped fabric from Hobby Lobby and cut it into rough-edged squares for the table settings.  I topped them with fish netting that I borrowed from the storage closet at church, ring pops (for the kids to take home after the party), beaded necklaces and gold doubloons.  And of course, and party is not complete without BALLOONS!!


I made the bunting banner with scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby and lettering printed out on cardstock.  The pirate plates and polka dot napkins are from Wal-Mart (I think).


After opening presents and saying goodbye to friends, we were exhausted, but the kids had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment