Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pinterest Recipe Thursday {Mexican Biscuit Casserole}


It's been a while since I tried a Pinterest recipe.  In fact, with the busyness of this summer, it's been a while since I cooked!  So when I can across this, I thought it sounded pretty good--and it was.  And on top of that it was super easy, and my kids enjoyed it.


Sorry I have no idea why the picture is sideways!

Mexican Biscuit Casserole

1.5 lbs ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 c water
1 can kidney beans, drained and reserve liquid
1 can Mexicorn, drained
3 c cheese, divided
1 can of refrigerated biscuits

Brown the ground beef and drain.  Add the taco seasoning and water.  (The original recipe calls more water, but most of the reviewers said it was too watery.)  Stir in the kidney beans and Mexicorn.   Add some of the reserved bean liquid if the mixture seems too dry.  Stir in half of the cheese and pour into casserole dish.  Top with canned biscuits and bake on 350 for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and let stand for 5 minutes.  Serve with sour cream, salsa, or other toppings.

I found that this was good but a little plain.  Once I added the sour cream to mine, it added a whole new level of flavor and was delicious!  The kids helped me make it which means they of course said they loved it!  Actually, B liked all but the kidney beans, and C mostly just ate the biscuit off the top!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment