Saturday, April 20, 2013

Countdown to Disney {FFMN--Aladdin}

Aladdin was one of the only Disney movies that I had growing up.  In fact, I am pretty sure it was the only animated Disney movie I had as a child (or pre-teen to tell the truth).  So, it is not one of my faves, mostly because I am just kinda tired of it.  BUT it is one of B's faves.  In fact, you should hear him sing the opening song "Arabian Nights."  It is a hoot!  So what did we eat?


(Is that a gourmet meal or what?)

This was one of the easiest meals I had planned.  I mean does it get any easier than hot dogs, store bought cole slaw (the Diamond in the Rough-age), and sliced apples?  The "beanies" aka baked beans were pretty easy.  But (and that is a big BUT) the baklava was another story.  Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't necessarily difficult to make.  But it sure was time consuming and multi-stepped.  And, holy moly, is phillo dough a pain to work with!  And to top it all off, I was the only one who actually ate any of it!!!  The hubby said it tasted like well flavored paper, and my kids wouldn't even put it in their mouths!  Nevertheless, the movie was a hit.  And the baklava was a hit at the covered dish lunch that we had after church a couple of days after movie night!  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment