Monday, April 8, 2013

Play Ball!

Today marks B's first tee ball game, and we were all pretty excited.  His first game was supposed to be last Saturday, but rain postponed it to a yet to be determined time.  Which meant that hubby had to miss B's first tee ball game because he had a golf match to coach.  He was pretty devasted, and by 'he' I mean hubby.  lol  It also meant that the kids got their jerseys and hats about 15 minutes before game time.  B got to pick his number from the available jerseys when we got there.  To quote B, "I'll take 4 because I'm four."  My sweet literal boy . . .




(Getting some last minute advice and coaching from Daddy.)

I have to say, I was so proud of B.  He is one of the oldest ones on the team, so he was able to stay focused pretty much the whole game without any meltdowns.  He got three pretty good hits off the tee and ran the bases like a pro--or at least a 4-year-old pro.



Go Red Team!


He had such a wonderful time playing tee ball.  When I had to break the news to him that he did not have another game until next Monday, he could barely hold himself together as he wailed, "But that is so far away!"  Something tells me that I have many more days of ball games in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment