Saturday, April 13, 2013

Countdown to Disney {FFMN--Tangled}

I have looked forward to Tangled night since I decided to add it to the FFMN list.  Tangled is my favorite Disney princess movie.  I love the characters, the music is amazing, and the animation is top notch.  And as you probably know, the story of Rapunzel has been told about a million different ways.  And this particular one is unexpected and delightful!  The scene at the end when she is hugging her parents . . . *tears*

So here is our menu for the evening:




This was my first attempt at sliders and potato salad.  Pretty much overall I was completely inexperienced at this entire meal, but it was a HUGE success.  I plan to do the sliders again soon.  Yummo!

The hubby's sister H was in town from Colorado, so she got to share in the festivities with us.  AND she was huge help when it came to making these beauties:



These are the "Rapunzel's ice cream towers" that actually wound up as cupcake towers instead.  They were super fun to make and surprisingly easy.  I made a regular old box of Devil's Food cake mix, but instead of putting the batter in cupcake liners, I put it in ice cream cones and baked them as usual.  I frosted them with canned frosting, frosted the pointy cone with purple frosting, and stuck it on top.  I added the "grass" and Rapunzel's hair as accents.  And as you can see, they were a big hit with B!



Overall, this night was tons of fun.  I am so glad that I have taken the time to do something special for the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment