Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sending off The Hubs

So after months of preparation and planning, it if finally time for the Hubs to head off leading a group of 18 teenagers and adults to the Dominican Republic for a mission trip.  We were up early in the morning and headed to my parents' house to drop the kiddos off so I could help him get everyone off.  I snapped a pic of him holding both kids right before we dropped them off.


After leaving the kids with Pop and JuJu with a small amount of tears (and please note that none of those tears were from the eyes of my kids lol), we headed to the church a little before 8:00 that morning.  Half of the group was meeting us at the church, while the other half was heading up to the airport on their own.  This is the half that was meeting at the church.



I helped the Hubs weigh bags to make sure they were under the weight limit, check passports, and make sure no one had more than 3 oz of liquids in their carry-on bag.  Then we prayed, loaded everyone up and they were off.  I will admit that I had a tear in my eye seeing him leave and knowing that he was going to be gone for 8 days, but I was also very proud of him for going and serving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment