Sunday, June 2, 2013

Minnie Mouse Birthday Bash

After much planning and preparing, the day of C's birthday party arrived.  Most of the prep work could be done early, so the day-of work was pretty minimal and very easy.

A couple of weeks before the big day, I started on the party favors--the Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears.  I followed the directions on the video that I found by Suburban Mom.  You can follow the link posted with the video to find the templates that she used.  I was able to find all of the materials needed at my local Wal-Mart with the exception of the ribbon which I found at Hobby Lobby.  I also found the materials for the Minnie Mouse flower pot decorations on the favor table and food table at Hobby Lobby.  The pots themselves were actually on sale at our local Winn Dixie--I just spray painted them black.  The suckers were on the party aisle at Wal-Mart, and I wrapped a Styrofoam rectangle in wrapping paper and stuck the suckers in the foam for an easy display.


(the birthday girl just up from her nap wearing her ears)

The tablesetting could not have been easier.  I covered three tables that we borrowed from our church with red plastic tablecloths from Dollar Tree.  I cut the black and white polka dot wrapping paper into squares and placed them on the table diagonally.  I got the balloons the day of from the local grocery store.  Apparently someone ordered wind that afternoon, so after watching the tablescapes blow away several times, I taped them all down within an inch of their lives and they stayed put for the party.



The most time consuming thing was probably the happy birthday banner and invitations.  I do not have a Cricut machine, so all of the Mickey Mouse heads (which were used for the banner and invitations) were cut out by hand.  I printed the invitations and letters on cardstock using the Waltograph font that I downloaded for free and cut them out using my old Creative Memories circle cutter.  I served hot diggity dogs, chips, grapes, and strawberries with juice boxes for the kids and Coke, Diet Coke, and bottled water for the adults.  And what party would be complete without cake and ice cream?  I did the cake myself and was beyond happy with it.  It turned out perfectly!!





 The kids played in the yard and enjoyed the yummy eats and eating cake and ice cream.  The birthday girl got to open presents--almost all of which were Minnie Mouse related--and the guests got to take home their ears and a sucker.


A sweet friend who has a sewing and embroidery business out of her home made this sweet Minnie Mouse dress (and a matching shirt for B--pics to come) and I got the hair bow from etsy.  And look at that precious face.  I can't believe she is two years old.  How fast the time has flown.  I love this sweet thing!  Happy Birthday, baby girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment