Thursday, May 1, 2014

T-ball Snacks

My turn for t-ball snacks was last week, and I just couldn't bring myself to provide a plain old box of crackers and juice boxes.  Not that there is anything wrong with just going to the store on the way to the game (which I am sure I will end up doing at some point in the future), but this time I wanted to 'cute' it up a little bit.  So I played on the team colors and picked up some blue bags for about ten cents a piece at Wal-Mart.  I let B pick a snack, but I also wanted to include something healthy, so I picked up some of those suckable applesauce packets.  And to continue the blue theme, I went with the blue Kool-Aid juice boxes. 

I dug through my old teacher stuff, found my white paint pen, and wrote "Go Dodgers" on each bag.  I stuffed each bag with an individual serving of Shamu and Friends cheese crackers and an applesauce packet.  Then I put the juice boxes on ice so they would be cold when the kids went to drink them.  It drives me nuts when the kids are given hot drinks--gross! 

 

The kids seemed to like getting a treat bag at the end of the game, and B sure was proud of getting to provide the snacks for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment