Saturday, June 7, 2014

Frozen Third Birthday Party

C is completely and utterly obsessed with all things Frozen, Elsa, Anna, Olaf, etc. She would watch the movie on repeat all day everyday, and we have the soundtrack playing in the car pretty much all the time.  So it was no surprise when she wanted a Frozen-themed birthday party.  And honestly, I was all for it.  It was ridiculously easy, and the theme was super easy to shop for.

I found the invitations of Etsy and fell in love with them instantly!  They are what I based the whole color scheme on.

pic

The menu was inspired by the movie as well.  I served Snowballs (mini white donuts), Icicles (rock candy suckers), Kristoff's Ice Cubes (blue jello), and Olaf Noses (baby carrots) with ranch and chips.  And cake and ice cream of course.




I ordered the figurines for the cake from Ebay, and they were not great quality.  I am pretty sure they were knockoffs, but they got the job done.

The birthday girl wore the Queen Elsa dress that Uncle J and Aunt A gave her for her birthday, and she looked adorable in it if I do say so myself.


Now, you may remember from birthday party posts of yore, that I am not a fan of party games, but this party was different.  We did two cute activities that I think the kids liked.  The first was "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?"  They used marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, pretzels, orange Tic Tacs and toothpicks to build their own snowman.  Then we played a fun round of Pin the Nose on Olaf.  I free-handed the Olaf onto poster board and cut the noses out of orange construction paper.








After games we sang "Happy Birthday," blew out candles, and ate.  Then the girl of honor opened her gifts and everyone just hung around and played and talked and enjoyed each others company.  When the guests left, they picked up a sheet of Frozen stickers and a package of 'warm hugs' and kisses.










It was a fun, laid back party, and I think everyone had a blast!  Happy Birthday, baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! This frozen party is really awesome. Loved the cute birthday girl along with that adorable birthday cake. I am planning to arrange a similar themed birthday party for my niece at one of venues in Los Angeles. Want to hire planner for her birthday theme selection.

    ReplyDelete