Monday, June 16, 2014

Workshop of Wonders VBS

So . . . some how I got myself roped into helping with Vacation Bible School at ANOTHER church besides my own (which I am already working on!).  I saw on Facebook where the First United Methodist Church in town was having their VBS during a week when the Hubs was supposed to be gone on a hiking trip.  I decided it might be nice to have them involved in that so they would be busy while he was gone--and it would be three hours of the day that they would not be asking me when Daddy would be home.  haha  So, anyway, I texted a friend of mine who goes to church there to see if she would be helping with it--just to make sure I at least knew some of the adults who would be working with the kids.  Her response:  Yes, and I would LOVE for you to help me in my classroom.  **sigh**  And, I agreed.  Last week was one of the most exhausting weeks I have had in a while, but my kids had a BLAST!!

The kids were divided by age group, so I was with the three-year-old class.  There were 25 three-year-olds in the class, and let me just say--that is a lot of three-year-old to keep occupied for three hours!  Thus my exhaustion.  And there were 50 kids in B's class of four- and five-year-olds.  There was a total of 168 kids that attended the VBS and heard about Jesus.  That is good news indeed. 

FUMC used the Workshop of Wonders VBS curriculum by Cokesbury, and it was adorable.  The music was some of the best I've heard in a while, and we are still listening to the CD in the car and singing along.  We will probably be participating in their VBS programs in the future.  They did a great job!


Since I was with C's group, I was able to get some cute pics of her participating in games.  But since I was only with her group, I was not able to get any pics of B participating in anything.



Thanks to FUMC for a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment