Monday, September 8, 2014

Baking with History

So far we are LOVING Classical Conversations!  I think reviewing his memory work everyday is B's favorite part of the school day.  The second week of CC included some memory work involving the Pilgrims landing in Plymouth, Massachusetts.  I had seen a really fun Plymouth Rock cookie on Pinterest and decided to give it a try with the kids.  I was skeptical, but they came out perfect!  You can find the recipe and directions here.

Ours don't look exactly like the ones I saw on Pinterest, and I'm sure they would have looked better if I had had some sort of number stamp for marking the year, but they were super fun and the kids enjoyed eating them!




My kids love anything that involves baking and/or cookies, so of course this was a hit.  I love doing activities like this that make his memory work more memorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment