Sunday, September 7, 2014

How We Celebrated Our Birthday

So B and I had a wonderful birthday together.  Here is how we celebrated.

We slept in (as late as my early risers will actually 'sleep in') and then went for an early lunch at our local hot dog place.  We spent a lazy afternoon at home napping, and then we headed to Albany to do a little shopping and have dinner at Mikata's Japanese Steak House.  This was a first for the kids, and while B loved it, C was unimpressed.  The chef did some magic tricks for B which he loved--as did I.  They brought out the requisite pineapple quarter, sang that awkward birthday song in Japanese and took our picture (which I can't find). 



Then we got home and B insisted on wearing the Angry Birds pj's that he had gotten from Aunt H earlier that day.  He was so proud of them.  Then there was a Daddy Pile Up in the living room before bedtime.


 

It was a wonderful day spent together with family.  We will be celebrating B's birthday with a joint party with a friend from church next Saturday.  I have a lot to do between now and then!!  I love sharing my birthday with this sweet boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment