Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Momfessionals Recipe Club {Italian Chicken}

Well, both kiddos are sick at my house--B started running a fever Saturday afternoon, C's fever started Sunday afternoon.  After trip to the doctor Monday, my suspicions were confirmed--it's a virus that we just have to wait out.  It's no fun, but it could be worse.  I am thankful that 95% of the time, my kids are happy, healthy, normal kids.

So with that being said, Monday meant laying around a lot after the 45 minute drive to the doctor, the hour at the doctor, and the 45 minute drive home.  When it came time for supper, I wanted something quick, easy, and good.  I had seen this recipe (if you want to call it that) on Pinterest ages ago and have meant to try it several times, but my plans always fell through.  Well, it all came together yesterday, and I must say, I was surprised at how delicious it was.  And, seriously it doesn't get any easier. 

Like I said, I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it didn't have a name.  Since the only ingredient in it aside from the meat and sides is an Italian dressing packet (and butter), I have decided to call it Italian Chicken.  Are you ready for the easiest weeknight dinner ever?



Italian Chicken

6 chicken breasts
1 lb (8-12) new potatoes, quartered
2 cans of green beans
1 stick of butter, melted
1 packet of Italian dressing mix

Lay the chicken in a row down the middle of a 9" x 13" dish.  Drain the green beans and put them on one side of the dish in an even layer.  Put the quartered potatoes in an even layer on the other side of the dish.  Pour over the entire stick of melted butter and sprinkle over the dressing mix.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Yep, that's it.  So.  Easy.  And let me just say, the potatoes came out soft and flavorful, and the green beans were amazingly zesty and delicious.  But the chicken, heavens to Mergatroid, the chicken--it was tender enough to cut with a spoon and absolutely scrumptious.  In spite of feeling a little under the weather, B ate his entire plate of chicken and beans and wanted more.  (He does NOT eat potatoes, no matter how I present them--unless they are a french fry or a tater tot, of course.)

Grab the short list of ingredients for this easy supper, and make it on one of those busy nights when you need something quick and delicious for your family!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment