Sunday, November 30, 2014

Our December To Do List

With December arriving tomorrow I have been thinking a lot about what all I want to do with the kids to enhance the Christmas season.  I have several things already on the calendar and a few other ideas up my sleeve.

December 1 we will hang the first ornament on our Jesse Tree.  I love this tradition of showing how all of Scripture points to Jesus!



December 2 is our CC Christmas Party and ornament swap.  B is really looking forward to it--as am I.

December 4 is our town's Christmas Parade.  Our church has a float in the parade each year, so we will definitely be there to watch and maybe walk with the float in the parade.

December 7 is the kids Christmas program at church.  B is playing the part of "Little Elf" and C is the "Star of Bethlehem."  They will be so cute--I can't wait.

December 11 is the Christmas parade in the town where the Hubs works.  Our church participates in that parade as well, so of course we will be there.  This is a picture I took when B and I participated in the parade last year.




December 13-14 is our church's Christmas Tour of Homes and our house is on the tour.  I love entertaining especially around the holidays!

December 22 our family is going to Callaway Gardens for the Fantasy in Lights.  It is an absolutely beautiful light display and with the amazing Groupon offer, I couldn't pass it up.  I haven't been since the Hubs and I were dating, so I am giddy to be returning and taking the kids.


December 23 I am hoping to do a birthday party for Jesus.  Two years ago we had pizza and a giant cookie cake, we sang "Happy Birthday" and just had a blast.  The kids really love celebrating Jesus's birthday by having a party just like we do for them.  B has already mentioned it, so it has got to happen.


December 24 will be our normal Christmas Eve shindig with my family.

December 25 usually means the in-laws come for the day.  Last year we had brunch after opening gifts and I will probably do a repeat of that this year.


Some other activities I am hoping to do with the kids are:
  • Make and decorate a gingerbread house
  • Have a family movie night with a Grinch theme
  • Watch Home Alone
  • Watch Charlie Brown Christmas
  •  Purchase an item for Toys for Tots
  • Make Christmas Cookies
  • Have friends over for hot chocolate and cookies
Just thinking about these plans makes me excited for the coming season!

Be sure to link up with Andrea at Momfessionals for her What's On . . . Your Calendar linky party!


No comments:

Post a Comment