Friday, March 22, 2013

Countdown to Disney {FFMN-Beauty and the Beast}

It's the tale as old as time, and I am a HUGE fan!  Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies--the music is so much fun, the storyline is captivating, and the characters are loveable.  And with the new expansion of Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom being partially based on the movie, I had to include it in our countdown.  Now, I had plans to print another of my fun menus for the fridge, but our computer was on the fritz (which is why I have been absent for a while), so I was not able to.  Today was also extremely busy.  I had a fabulous lunch date with a couple of friends at the newest Mexican restaurant in town, one of those friends came over to our house (which was embarrassingly gross!) after the lunch, and then I went to help the hubs and his co-workers decorate for prom.  As usual, my kids were with my parents (affectionately known as Pop and JuJu) because Pop has Fridays off of work.  So the kiddos went with my parents to Waffle House and had supper.  Which meant I dined on the Beauty and the Beast meal alone.  And what was the meal, you ask.  Well, sit right down and Be Our Guest for a meal of "Soup du jour, hot hors d'oeuvres, why [I] only live to serve.  Try the grey stuff.  It's delicious.  Don't believe me?  Ask the dishes."


The soup du jour was Corn Chowder.  I have a small crock pot that I tossed all the ingredients in and just turned it on to cook while I went to decorate for prom.  A can of evaporated milk, a can of creamed corn, a diced potato, and some black pepper and that's it!  Easy and yummy!

The original plan for hot hors d'oeuvres was a mini chicken pot pies that use canned biscuit dough as the crust.  But since I was the only one eating, I just did biscuits. 

Once again, the best part of the meal was dessert, aka The Grey Stuff.  I call it Oreo Fluff, and it doesn't get much easier than this.  It is 16 Double Stuffed Oreos crushed and mixed in with a tub of thawed Cool Whip.  Chill it for couple of hours or overnight and you're done.  I enjoyed my meal thoroughly and C enjoyed nibbling on The Grey Stuff when she got home. 

We will be taking next week off of our FFMN because we have a CRAZY busy weekend planned.  But I am looking forward to picking it back up the next Friday night with a movie that is yet to be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment