Friday, October 3, 2014

Five on Friday {Fall Edition}

Those who know me well know that I absolutely adore fall.  All thing autumnal just make my heart sing.  I love the cool weather that leads to snuggling under a warm blanket with a warm beverage.  So here are my top five fall favorites.

Pumpkins


I have a bit of a collection of pumpkins that I display each year from September until Thanksgiving when I pull out the Christmas decorations.  Most of them are corn husk pumpkins like the ones in the picture, but I have a few others that I love to sprinkle about the house as well.

Mums


I have a VERY brown thumb--if I buy any sort of plant or flower, it is pretty much a death sentence for said flower.  I don't buy many plants because it's just a waste of money, but I always get yellow mums every fall to set outside the front door.  (I use the excuse that I am supporting educations when I buy them from the high school my husband teaches at when they sell them as a fund raiser.)  As you can see from this picture, my mums were already getting a little brown by the end of October last year, but I love them none the less.

Gourds


I don't go all out with the gourds, but I do grab one of those mesh bags of gourds from the grocery store and pile them up in a bowl for a dramatic, fall centerpiece.  They are just so much fun!

Fall Festivals


September and October are the season for carnivals, fairs, and festivals of all kinds.  They are very kid-friendly, but as an adult, I love them too!  My kids look forward to them every year, and for me they just symbolize the ushering in of fall and the holiday seasons.

Pumpkin Patch Visits


So, my first item made it pretty clear that I adore pumpkins.  That means that visiting a pumpkin patch is basically like the mothership calling me home.  We have an absolutely fabulous pumpkin patch about an hour from our house, and the kids and I visit every fall.  Some years, the hubs will join us!  They have jumping castles, boiled peanuts, sunflowers, a corn cannon, hay bales, hay rides, and more pumpkins that you can count.  I look forward to the visit every year and can't wait to go with the kids this year.  And lucky for me, they love it as well.

So there you have it.  My five favorite things for fall!  Happy fall, y'all!

Be sure to link up your own Friday Favorites:

Momfessionals

1 comment:

  1. HAppy Fall!!! I do the same thing with the gourds! And yep, I have such a brown thumb but I can't help buying plants!!

    ReplyDelete