Thursday, September 5, 2013

Green Eggs and Ham Supper

B and I focused on the book Green Eggs and Ham this week in school.  This inspired our dinner tonight.  I wish I had thought it through a bit more, because I wound up doing a lot of last minute stuff to get it all ready and that is not really how I like to operate.  But anyway, here it it.


Because we spent a lot of time talking about rhyming words, I decided to pull some items from the play room that represented some of the rhyming words from the book.  I also printed some pictures for words that I did not have a toy for.  There was a picture to rhyme with each toy except one.  While we were eating, B played the game of matching the picture with the toy.  He is still trying to fully grasp the concept of rhyming, so this really helped him.


Our ham was just ham steak, and the mashed potatoes are in two places on the plate to represent being here and there.   I made plain on deviled eggs and just added some food coloring to make them green.


My notoriously picky and inconsistent eater B tasted one bite of egg, made this face, and deadpanned:  "I do not like them Sam-I-Am.  I will not eat them here or there.  I will not eat them anywhere."  I thought I was going to fall out on the floor laughing.


I had a lot of fun bringing it all together with this fun meal.  I just hope I haven't set a precedent.  I don't think I can come up with something every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment