Monday, September 2, 2013

Light Up the Night

Labor Day was pretty relaxing for our family overall.  The Hubs actually had the day off, so we got the house ready to be shown by a real estate agent and took the Hubs mom with us to brunch at Waffle House.  Then we started on the one project I wanted to get down ASAP--new exterior light fixtures.  Now let me preface by saying that of the four exterior doors, three of the them have lights and all three of them were completely different and pretty old and hideous.  I mean one of them had a bird's nest in it for Pete's sake!




Due to the rather tight fit of the fixture in the top picture, we had to go with a smaller fixture that I would have preferred, but I am really happy with how they look.  Good grief--they couldn't get much worse than what we started with!  And at less than $12 a piece after tax at Lowe's, I couldn't be happier!





Now on to my next home project--kitchen window treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment