Monday, March 17, 2014

Sick Days

Yes, that says DAYS with an -s.  Our whole family had the stomach virus that has been going around, and it was pretty miserable.  Monday night a friend who was visiting from out of state called to check on us since her two little ones has been at church the day before and were throwing up.  I told her we were also doing great--and then B woke up at 2:30 the next morning sick.  C followed close behind waking up around 5:30 sick.  She seemed to get better by around 10:00 that morning, but the bug really had B down for the count.  He was running fever when he went to bed that night, but woke up feeling much better.  Neither child had much appetite for the rest of the week and spend Tuesday just laying around and being generally puny.  Please excuse my scary appearance--sick kids = a rough day for mommy.


My dad brought by the some apple juice and Gatorade for the kids.   I tried to get B to drink the Gatorade, and this is how he felt about it.  haha



 So we went about our regular day on Wednesday thinking that the stomach virus had left us, but alas, it hit me that night around 7:00.  I was sick all.  night.  long.  Miserable!  My wonderful mother took the kids to her house on Thursday, and I was able to just lay around in my pj's and drink the above mentioned Gatorade until I felt better.  The Hubs picked the kids up from Pop and JuJu's, took them to eat at our local pizza place, and then came home with the stomach virus.  He didn't seem to have it as badly and B and I had it, but he stayed home from work on Friday nonetheless, which is really saying something since he NEVER calls in sick.

Suffice it to say, I am beyond happy to say that we all seem to be on the mend and are back to our regular selves.  But, I just wasn't up for the St. Patrick's Day festivities that I had planned.  So we wore green, and that was it.  I didn't even get a picture.  Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment