Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Look Back at our First Year of Homeschooling

Our first year of homeschooling B has come to an end.  And it has been a good year.  B absolutely LOVED school.  He would ask almost every day if we were going to do school.  Let's take a look back at the school year.

Here is my sweet boy when we first began back in August.  He was so excited about starting the year.  I ordered an AMAZING program called Ready Made Preschool and I loved it.  It could not have been easier to do this curriculum.  Everything came in the mail in a box--the paint, the glue, the pre-cut materials--all ready to use and sorted by week.


We started with a unit on Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and talked about the alphabet.  Then we spent one week on each letter, discussing the uppercase and lowercase and the sounds.  Each weekly unit also had some other theme such as pumpkins, pirates, apples, leaves, flowers, grass, etc.

(pride after putting all of the alphabet cards in ABC order)


(a nature scavenger hunt)

(sorting items by size--little or large)

(feeling quite proud of himself after sorting all his work)

I created this really easy and cute hanger to display B's work.  I bought all of the materials from Hobby Lobby for less than $15--most of it was half off that day!  It hangs from a plastic Command hook on the door that goes from the kitchen to the laundry room.  Every couple of weeks I would snap a picture of all his work and then toss it.  This way I can kind of have my cake and eat it too--I can keep all of his work without actually keeping it.


And here he is today on his last day of school.  He is such a smart boy.  I can't wait to start Junior Kindergarten (Pre-K) in September--but I sure am enjoying my summer of no school!


No comments:

Post a Comment