Friday, May 3, 2013

Countdown to Disney {FFMN--Peter Pan}

As classic as the movie Peter Pan is, the ride Peter Pan's Flight at the Magic Kingdom is just as classic.  And I definitely wanted the kids to understand the ride and its connection to the movie.  It was pretty easy to add this movie into the list and come up with a menu to fit.  So, here is the menu.

Oddly enough, tilapia (which was my substitution for 'cod fish' because I had a bag of frozen fillets in the freezer) is a fairly accepted meal at my house, so it was served up with mushroom rice and green beans.  Fruit is WILDLY popular with my kids, and since we had just been to the strawberry farm, it was easy to create these adorable fruit swords.  Here are the fruit swords and 'Pixie Dusted Donuts' with a few Peter Pan (or more accurately Jake and the Neverland Pirates) related toys as the centerpiece.




The tilapia, rice, and beans went over pretty well.  But the real hit was the donuts.  I mean, look at those faces!!





With teeball games and the upcoming Homeschool Conference (which I am SUPER excited about), we will be skipping the next couple of FFMNs.  But they will return in two weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment