Saturday, May 18, 2013

GHEA Homeschool Conference Weekend

After finishing almost a full year of homeschooling, I was really looking forward to the Georgia Home Educators Association's annual conference.  I went last year and learned so much!  The decision to homeschool was very unexpected for me and was very, VERY prayerfully made.  But after going to this conference last year, I really felt like I could do it.  So when I saw that it was coming up this year, I knew I had to be on board.

My bestie from high school lives in Tennessee, so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like.  And even though she does not have any kids of her own yet, when I mentioned it to her in January, she wanted to join me.  I was super excited!

(me and my bff enjoying a break at the conference)

The conference was a blast, and I came home not-so-patiently waiting for boxes to arrive at my doorstep!  I was able to order the Junior Kindergarten curriculum and Bible curriculum for B to start in September and some special items to keep C busy while B and I are doing school ALL with no shipping fee!  Ah, the perks of the conference.  And just as good, I got two fun nights of long talks, snacking and high school-esque giggling with my best friend of 20 years.  It just doesn't get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment