Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Church Fall Festival

Before I launch into this post, allow a disclaimer--I did a HORRIBLE job taking pictures!  Ok, with that out of the way, Sunday was our church Fall Festival and the kids had a blast.

Immediately after church the fall festival got started with selling hot dog plates and lots of games for the kiddos.  There was also a jumping castle/slide and a little train that my kids absolutely adored.  I am pretty sure C would have spent the entire afternoon on that train if she had not had to get off every so often for others to ride!  And B informed me as we were walking up that they had too much to do and would be "too busy to eat."  I love that kid!





The kids played a couple of the games, but they weren't really interested in those.  They stuck to the train and jumping castle.  B did get a minion painted on his face--while C adamantly insisted that she DID NOT want to get her face painted.



Around 2:15 the games and food stations started to shut down in order the start the auction we were having to raise money for the mission trip our youth are taking next summer to Cambodia and San Fransisco.  Last I heard, they made about $6000 that day which is GREAT!  I was a super fun day!  But it was also a LONG day.  I was at the church from 8:15 until after 5:00 with the kids only being there about 45 minutes less than me!  Needless to say, some of us couldn't make it home without collapsing from sheer exhaustion.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment