Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pancake Pumpkin Breakfast

In all honesty, I have not gotten around to doing a lot of the fun activities with the kids that I usually do.  The kids have been sick, and as any mom can attest, when your kids are sick, you are exhausted.  So I just haven't been up to putting forth the effort.  But now that everyone is on the mend, I decided to do a repeat from last year--my pancake pumpkin breakfast.


I mixed my basic pancake batter using the recipe below and added 3 drops of red food coloring and 6 drops of yellow food coloring to make them orange.  I cooked them as silver dollar pancakes because it makes them easier to stack them to look like pumpkins and stick them with a green toothpick to serve as the pumpkin stem.


I tossed some bacon in the oven on 350 to cook while I made the pancakes.  By the time I was done with the cakes, the bacon was perfectly cooked and crispy.  Some pretty green napkins from my stash and milk in re-purposed Starbucks Frappucino glass bottles with orange straws, and we were ready to go.



The kids are always up for pancakes, and they really like the pumpkin theme I added in.  And I love doing fun little meals like this with the kids!  Happy Fall, Y'all!

Basic Pancake Batter

1 egg
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup self-rising flour
1 Tbsp of butter, melted

Combine all ingredients and cook in a saute pan or griddle on medium heat.  Makes about 10-12 average size pancakes or 24 silver dollar pancakes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment