Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Disney Day 3--Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge

We topped off our weekend getaway at Disney with breakfast at Boma, the buffet restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.  The Hubs declared it his favorite meal of the trip, and I can't say that I disagree (although I am still dreaming of those fish and chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop in Epcot).  The buffet was a nice mix of traditional American breakfast foods like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, but it also had some African dishes like pap (which is pretty much grits) and bobotie (which was an egg and meat dish).  It also had an omelet bar and a carving station with ham and beef.  The Hubs enjoyed the ham and cheese scrambled eggs and French toast bread pudding with praline sauce, and I loved the breakfast potatoes and fresh croissants!  And of course, I ordered the Jungle Juice which is a mango, orange, guava combo (if I remember correctly) that they also serve at the Tusker House in Animal Kingdom where we ate last summer.



We enjoyed our meal, but we really enjoyed just canvasing the ground of the gorgeous Animal Kingdom Lodge.  This resort is beautiful and enormous.  This picture is the BACK of the resort where the savannah is.


I also snapped pictures of the lobby and some of the guest room balconies with really gorgeous views of the savannah and roaming animals--when they are out.



We managed to get another picture together before heading home.



It was such a fun weekend.  February 11 will be 14 years that the Hubs and I have been a couple.  And I can say with absolute certainty that I love him more with each day that passes.  I am so happy to be his wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment