Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine Party

As I mentioned yesterday, B and I decided to throw a little Valentine soiree for him and some of his friends from church for lunch this morning.  The kids had a blast, and honestly it was one of the easiest parties I have ever done.





The menu consisted of hot dogs (staying warm under the foil in the top picture), Cheetos, strawberries, grapes, and sugar cookies that the kids decorated themselves.  I served homemade strawberry lemonade to drink and had a bowl of chicken salad with crackers for the mommies (since most of us are pretty tired of hot dogs and other kid food.)  My little Valentine centerpiece fit perfectly under my drink dispenser and added a sweet touch to touch to the counter buffer area.

When B and I were discussing this party, I suggested serving hot dogs.  He loved that idea and said, "Yeah, heart-shaped hot dogs!"  Uh, so here is my best attempt at 'heart-shaped hot dogs.'  They turned out alright, and he was pleased.  And the kids had a blast stabbing strawberries and grapes onto their skewers once they pulled them out of the hot dog!




Once they were done eating their lunch, I passed out bowls of white and pink frosting and little individual cups of three different kinds of sprinkles for them to deck out their cookies.  I used the left over dough from the Olympic Rings cookies, and it made just enough.  They had a blast decorating the cookies and enjoyed eating them when they were done--although most of them wound up taking their cookies home with them!





 It was such a fun time.  The best part was having B come up to me after eating lunch and saying, "Mommy, thank you for my Valentine party."  I love that kid so much!!!  And I think all the kids that came thanked us for having them.  What a sweet group of friends my kids have!

They played with toys, exchanged Valentine's and headed home just in time for me to get the kids down for a nap.  It was a great party!  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment