Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pre-K Update 4

It's update time again.  I know I say this with every school update, but I am SO proud of B and how quickly he learns!  Since Christmas, we have finished the Old Testament in our Bible lessons each day and have started on the New Testament.  Both kids really enjoy doing the Bible story every day and learning the Bible verse of the week.  (Recently, during prayers I asked God to draw them to Himself, B said "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."  C said "James 4:8."  I don't think I have ever been prouder of them.)

We have done the letters S, I, M, and O and read Snowy Day, The Mitten, Madeline, and Officer Buckle and Gloria.  B has learned to dial 911 in case of an emergency and can now say the Pledge of Allegiance (as can C which is adorable).  He has learned all of the major shapes including pentagon, hexagon, and octagon.  He can now read 42 sight words and can read whole sentences with those sight words like "I can jump up and down."

Here are some of the projects we did the last four weeks:


The snow pictures were done during the week we spent on S.  The insect fingerprint paintings were from the week we spent on I, and obviously the octopi are from the week we learned about O.  We made mittens the week we read The Mitten, and the vases of flowers were made after we read Madeline.  I love watching them learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment