Saturday, February 8, 2014

Popcorn Torches

The Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics meant more food celebrations at our house last night.  The kids spent the day with Pop and JuJu as they normally do on Fridays, and I subbed at the high school.  So I didn't do a big meal, but I did make popcorn torches for the kids to snack on.  This was a lot of fun and super easy.



I used parchment paper, rolled it into a cone, and poured in fresh microwave popcorn.  My problem with the parchment paper was that I had no way to attach it to itself since tape wouldn't stick.  I would advise anyone else wanting to do this to use actual paper and either staple it closed or tape it closed.  I was able to hand them each a torch, talk about what a torch is and how it is used in the Olympics, snap the picture, and then I poured the popcorn into bowls for them to eat it.  We enjoyed watching the Opening Ceremonies together and are really looking forward to watching all of the various events.

No comments:

Post a Comment