Friday, February 7, 2014

Olympic Dinner

With the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi being tonight, and the games themselves starting last night, I decided to make things exciting with a special Go Team USA meal.  The menu was All-American Burgers and Fries, Red, White, and Blue Fruit Skewers, and Olympic Ring Sugar Cookies.  The kids loved the meal, and B got REALLY into the Olympics.  I have a feeling we will have the tv on a lot more than usual around my house for the next couple of weeks.






I made the burgers on my stove top grill pan, seasoned them with Lea & Perrins, Dale's sauce, and Wildtree Rancher's Steak Rub.  They were quite delicious, if I do say so myself.  Frozen fries are hit and miss as far as my kids are concerned.  I bought just some standard frozen fries and few weeks ago to try out with the kids, and they wouldn't eat them.  These are Ore-Ida Crispers, and while C ate them, B was having none of it as they weren't "like the ones at Burger King."  The fruit skewers were pretty basic since strawberries and bananas have been real crowd pleasers around these parts.  The blueberries weren't well-received, but the Hubs enjoyed them.  The cookies were a basic sugar cookie recipe that I use for making Christmas cookies, I used canned frosting and M&M's for the decorations.  The flag napkins were left over from July 4th, and while I find them quite lovely, there is something just odd about wiping your mouth with "Old Glory."

We enjoyed watching the start of the games tonight and are looking forward to lots of games watching to come.

Go Team USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment