Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pinterest Recipe Thursday {Smothered Chicken}

Once again, this is not actually a recipe that I found of Pinterest, but it is worth sharing.  It is the crowd-pleasing and super easy Smothered Chicken recipe that I promised you last week.  I got this from a lady at our church who grew up Mennonite which basically means that you would eat and love every.  single.  thing.  she cooks.  Once of the things that I love about this is there is no measuring or complicated ingredients.  Just put however much you want.  So here goes:

Smothered Chicken

chicken tenders (however many you need to feed your crowd)
Italian dressing (I use fat free.)
Bacon--cooked until crispy and crumbled or chopped
Shredded cheddar cheese

Marinate the chicken in the dressing.  Grill chicken on outdoor grill or grill pan.  Once cooked, topped with bacon pieces and then cheese.  Put in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.  Enjoy.



It does not get much easier than that, and this is a very family friendly meal.  The Hubs and the kids love this and eat it without the dreaded "How many bites to I have to eat?" questioning.  haha  I have eaten this with rice and peas as seen above, pasta with Alfredo sauce, hash brown casserole and beans, pretty much anything.  Give it a try--you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment