Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pinterest Recipe Thursday {Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Chicken and Sour Cream Mini Biscuits}

Let me just start by saying, both of these recipes will be staples at our house from now on.  They are ridiculously easy and delicious!!  I had pinned both of these recipes eons ago and finally got around to testing the chicken one last week.  The biscuits I had made several months ago and thought they would go well with this meal.


Sweet Baby Ray's Crock Pot Chicken

1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (I used original.)
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes (I only used about 1/4 tsp.)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
4-6 chicken breasts (frozen is fine!!)

Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl.  Place the chicken in the crock pot.  Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook on Low for 4-6 hours.  Enjoy!  Here is the link for the site I pinned.

I love a crock pot recipe where I can use the chicken still frozen because I am notorious for forgetting to thaw meat!  Next time I make this (and believe me, there will be a next time) I will probably completely omit the red pepper flakes.  To me, the BBQ sauce had enough kick on its own.  But if you love heat, go for it.  It was a bit too much for me and my kids.

I didn't get a good picture of the chicken after it was cook because we dug in, but here is one of it a couple of hours into the cooking process.  Yummo!


I served this chicken with The Lady's Mac and Cheese from Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons cookbook, green peas (although I wish I had had some limas on hand), and Sour Cream Mini Biscuits.  It was a home run meal as far as I am concerned.

Sour Cream Mini Biscuits

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 cups self-rising flour

Combine the ingredients in a mixer.  The dough may be a little dry, but it's ok.  Roll a rounded tablespoon of dough into a ball and drop it into the cup of a greased mini muffin tin.  Bake at 450 for 10-12 or until golden brown.  Here is the link to the original pin.

I love using my Pampered Chef small scoop for these.  It makes rolling them into balls easier.  You can get about 40 mini biscuits from this recipe.  It is such an easy way to add a bread to your meal--which is not something I do often, but it's nice every now and then.





I really wish I had snapped a picture of the whole meal because it was seriously yummy, but alas, I was so engrossed in eating the deliciousness that I completely forgot.  I hope you will give these a try.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment