Monday, October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Breakfast

In an effort to do some fun fall things this month, I fixed the kids a pumpkin themed breakfast this morning--which basically just means I made everything orange.  I put some red and yellow food coloring in the pancake batter to give the silver dollar sized flapjacks an orange tint.  I stacked them up and stuck toothpicks in--I realized when we sat down to eat that green toothpicks would have actually made them look like pumpkins.  Alas, sometimes my best ideas come along after the fact.  I rounded it out with bacon and orange tinted milk.  The green polka dot napkins kept with the pumpkin feel, and I already had them in my stash left over from birthday parties that I keep in the pantry.





They always enjoy pancakes, so this was a crowd pleaser for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment