Friday, November 29, 2013

Christmas Gift Guidelines

Since today is Black Friday, I decided to share the guidelines we have in place this year for our kids' Christmas gifts.  Between grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends, my kids get more Christmas gifts than they know what to do with.  And since I try to work on a pretty strict budget when it comes to all of my Christmas giving, I used an idea I saw on Pinterest to shop for the kids.  And like I usually do, I tweaked it to fit my needs and wants.  So here it is:  each of my kids will get 5 gifts from us--something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read, and something to do as a family.

In all honesty, the "something they need" has been the hardest one for me to come up with this year.  But I decided to make the LeapPads that I got the kids yesterday to serve as their "something they need."  It might be a stretch, but what did doesn't need something more educational, right??  (Somebody please tell me you bought that. haha)

The something they want items were pretty easy--what kids won't tell you what they want for Christmas?!  B is getting a much coveted Hot Wheels Angry Birds set, and when we asked C what she wanted, all she would say is "Minnie Mouse."  But good grief, she already have five!  So we found a Minnie Mouse backpack that she can use to store all of her Minnies.  They are each getting a pair of bedroom slippers as their something to wear, and I found each of them a book I thought they would like on Amazon as their something to read.
Truestorythreepigs.jpgFancy Nancy: Budding Ballerina

My plan is the get us tickets to the Imagine It! Children's Museum in Atlanta as our something to do as a family.  I have heard good things about it, I think the kids would love it, and the tickets come in as just under $14 a piece which is extremely affordable if you ask me.

So that's the breakdown of gift giving for us

             

No comments:

Post a Comment