Friday, November 1, 2013

Costumes on a Budget

I literally pulled my kids costumes together the day of our Journey with Jesus event at church.  I had big plans for the kids to be Jonah and the whale, but life got away from me (as it tends to do sometimes) and I had to just go with what I had.  So once again, here is the final look:


I will start with C's duck costume.  The actual costume part was a hand-me-down from friends, so I just decided to go with that.  I put a white short sleeved shirt and tights with it.  I grabbed her yellow bow and my feather stash.  I pulled all the yellow feathers from the stash, bunched them together and stuffed them in the bow.  I cut the feet out of orange construction paper and tied them around her ankles with orange polka dot ribbon that I had left over from a sewing project.


B's David costume was really easy to throw together.  My mom had recently given me two old pillow cases for just such an occasion.  I cut the side seams out of the pillow case, trimmed off several inches of the length, and cut a neck hole.  I used some of the excess from the length to cut a strip for the head band.  I had some brown flannel for another project, so I cut a strip of that for the belt.  The Hubs decided B needed a  slingshot, so he grabbed the flannel, cut out a slingshot, and tucked it in the belt.  Pic to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment