Friday, November 15, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes

Since this little blog mostly serves as my journal to document the happenings and happy times of my family, I decided to document a few of the funny things B has said lately.

One Wednesday night after church classes were over, B hit two of the teenagers that were playing with him.  When the Hubs was talking to him about his behavior in the car on the way home, he asked B why he had hit them.  B's response:  "Because I am so frisky like the pokey little puppy."

The next night, the Hubs and I were having a conversation.  B kept trying to tell me something, but the Hubs and I were still having this conversation.  Finally, B said, "Daddy, when I am talking to Mommy, don't uhstract me!"  (I think he meant distract.)

That same night, the Hubs sent B to our bedroom to get his bag that he takes to school which is pretty heavy.  B got to our bedroom doorway with the heavy load and said, "Uh, guy, a little help here?"

One night we were getting ready to read our Bible story with the kids, and B started talking about how he hoped it was the story about how Jesus died on the cross because that is one of his favorites.  It started a discussion about Jesus's death and resurrection, and we asked B why Jesus died on the cross.  When exasperation, he said, "He died on the cross for our sinned."  Stifling my giggles, I asked B if he had any sins.  He nodded his head no, and with a very thoughtful look on his face said, "I have five senses."

He has always been a ham with a hilarious sense of humor--even when he doesn't mean to.  This reminds me of a time when he was about two and just learning to talk.  I am not even sure if CeCe had been born.  He was really crying and melting down about something.  I looked down and him and said, "This is ridiculous.  You need to pull yourself together."  He instantly stopped crying and with a completely serious face, he said, "I am NOT a kuzzle."  (At this time a lot of his words started with k, so he actually meant puzzle.)  I immediately went from being annoyed with him to cracking up!


I love this kid!  He constantly has us in stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment