Saturday, November 9, 2013

Master Bedroom Gallery Wall

Ever since pretty much forever, I have wanted the perfect item to hang over the bed in our bedroom.  I had always pictured something flowery like a field of poppies or something, but I just never found just the right item.  Well, the other day the Hubs commented that we don't have very many candid shots of our family around the house.  And he is right.  We only had one candid picture framed or displayed in the whole house.  I have several professional photographs and portraits displayed, but nothing candid that I took myself.  So, I was a bit inspired and got busy on my most recent house project.

So I started this project by picking out a frame.  I looked online and had seen some really cute ones, but none of them were quite what I had in mind.  They just didn't fit the style of our bedroom.  And I wasn't wanting to break the bank either.  This project was definitely design on a dime.  So, one day this week, as I was walking through our local Wal-Mart, lo and behold, I find exactly what I was looking for AND they were only $4 a piece!  SCORE!  Then, I went through some of our best pictures and chose four of my faves.  I had them printed at our local Wal-Mart that actually does a pretty terrific job and then scooted on over and grabbed four of those fab frames.  Here is a look at one of the frames and a close up.











Once I got the pictures in the frames, it was time for the hardest part:  actually hanging the pictures on the wall.  I knew how I wanted them to look, but getting them exactly even with each other was not going to be easy.  The way I did it worked, but I am sure there are MUCH better ways of going about this.

I traced the frames onto parchment paper and cut them out.  Then I marked on each piece of parchment where the nail would be.  I taped them to the wall and measured to make sure they were evenly spaced.  Honestly, the tape did not stick all that well to the parchment, but it got the job done.  Then I just put the nail right through the marked place on each piece of parchment and hung the picture.  I only had to adjust one picture that seemed a little off.

And here is the finished product.  I am pleased.





And, like I mentioned earlier, I still have plans for the window treatments in the kitchen.  Fabric and trim have been purchased, and the wood for mounting has been cut to size.  All that is left is fabric cutting and sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment