Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Trip to the Zoo

After a text from a friend C Wednesday night, an impromptu group trip to the zoo was planned for this morning.  After a rough night with her baby, C was not able to make the trip, but new friend E and her son, D were able to meet us there.  The kids and I had a good time together looking at the animals and picnicking at the playground.  And I was able to get a few snapshots along the way.

We started in the petting zoo section.  My children (like their mother) are not animal lovers, so they did not participate in the 'petting' part of the petting zoo.  But they did enjoy looking at the animals and watching D pet the animals.



After checking out the alligators and the reptile house (both of which creep me out), we headed over to the meerkat area which is really cute and has some really unique play areas.  There is a maze with tunnels and a 'termite mound' with a curly slide inside.  The kids enjoyed it!




After prying the kids away from the meerkat play area and taking a bathroom pit stop, we headed out to see the rest of the animals.  Here are the kids checking out the bears which are way in the back.


After seeing monkeys, eagles, a cheetah (which B asked to pet!!), a bobcat, rhinos, bison, giant tortoises, and several other animals that I can't remember, we left for the giant play area and picnic tables inside the park.  We ate and played, and when we couldn't stand the heat any more, we left for home.



B told me afterwards that the first time we went to the zoo, he was kinda scared, but this time it was much better and he had fun.  He is always good for a laugh!  This zoo is small and doesn't have many animals, but I enjoy anything that gets me quality time with my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment