Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Birthday Party Rewind: Sugar and Spice Party

When C was having her first birthday, the sweet shop parties were all the rage.  However, I wanted to take that same theme and change it just a bit.  So I based the theme on the rhyme about little girls being made of sugar and spice and everything nice.  Hence, a birthday party was born.  I will start with a couple of shots of the birthday girl waiting for her party to start.



I did the food myself and it was kinda hit and miss.  Of course to stick with the theme it was mostly sweet stuff like Oreo balls and marshmallow pops (both of which came out mildly disastrous looking), but I also had Red Hot candies out for the 'spice' part of the soiree.  I did Country Time pink lemonade in my beverage dispenser.





Fortunately, the cake turned out beautifully, and I could not have been happier with it.  It was so girly and adorable and everyone loved it.  Including the birthday girl as you can see.


 She wasn't sure what to think about everyone singing "Happy Birthday."





As far as decorations go, I kept it pretty simple.  I made the bunting with paper and ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  I also made the tissue paper pom poms which were a total pain and did not want to stay hung on the ceiling.
 




 After a quick bath (because she was covered in frosting!!), it was time to open presents with some help from big brother B of course. 
 

Each guest left with a pink Rice Crispy treat with a sweet note attached from C.

  

We are beyond blessed to have this sweet baby girl, and it was just a joy to celebrate her first birthday with family and friends.  I love her so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment