Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Teacher Treats

Since B is homeschooled, I don't really get the opportunity to make all the cute little treats for his teachers like I would if we were sending him to school.  So, I decided that I should take some time to appreciate all of the great people who work with the kids at church.  I took yet another page from the book of Amanda at Dixie Delights and used both her recipe and free printable for Scarecrow Crunch.  It is quite yummy and made a super cute little gift for some very under-appreciated people.

If you decide to make this, there are a few things you may want to know.  This makes A LOT!  One cookie sheet was not enough--it easily made two full pans.  Because I had to split the honey and oil between the two pans, one pan had more honey and kinda burned a little bit.  Not to point of necessarily tasting bad, but it was still a bit darker than I would have liked.  I should have switched my pans around in the oven sooner than I did.  I also should have taken them out of the oven altogether.  But, it was still fine.


Here it is all dumped out on my counter with the candy pumpkins added in.  Like I said--there was a lot of it!  It made 12 of these little treat bags that were really the perfect size for treating the special people in your life or your kids lives.






Thanks, Amanda at Dixie Delights for the adorable idea and recipe.  And a special thank you to all of the wonderful people who work with my kiddos every time we are at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment