Thursday, October 24, 2013

Candy Corn Supper

With all the sickness we struggled with this month, I did not get around to all the fun things I wanted to do this month to celebrate fall.  Hopefully, we will be able to get to some of it next month.  But, once everyone was feeling better, we could start up the fun again.

Tonight I planned a candy corn supper for my family.  And you guessed it--it was all about candy corn.  I was FINALLY able to use up the last of the cupcakes that I had in the freezer left over from Disney Friday Family Movie Night.  I just slathered on some vanilla frosting and had the kids stick candy corns on them however they wanted.




Then I started on the actual dinner.  I saw on another blog where a mom had made (or attempted to make) a pizza that resembled candy corn.  I did the best and could, and it came out alright.  I used cheddar cheese to represent the yellow part of the candy corn, and pepperoni is serving as the orange section.  Honestly, it looks more like candy corn before it is cooked, but it came out of the oven looking candy corn-esque enough for me.  And of course, I served corn with it.



I kept the table setting pretty simple.  I had the yellow napkins left over from a birthday party.  The candy corn dish was a gift from a friend, and I honestly haven't used it much since.  I was pretty excited to pull it out and put it on display.  And as usual, I pulled out my trusty chalkboard which I LOVE!!!


It was a fun night, and the kids enjoyed the cupcakes and pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment