Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Patch 2013

Our family spent about an hour this morning visiting one of our fall favorites--Mark's Melon Patch.  Now in the summer (and even today) it is actually a 'melon' patch with watermelons.  But in September and October, it is a gorgeous pumpkin patch with lots of fun things for the kiddos and plenty of opportunities for fall-lovers like myself to spend way too much money!  But I digress . . .

Every year, I get a picture of the kids by the growth chart.  I love looking back at pictures from previous years to see how much they have grown.


  

There are jumping castles, a corn cannon, a "haunted walk," a hay ride through the actually pumpkin patch, and much more for the kiddos to enjoy.  There is also a market for buying all kinds of local produce and items like honey, jams, and preserves as well as baked goods like the mini pecan pie and chocolate pecan pie that the Hubs and I enjoyed on the ride home.  Yummo!

I love getting the kids picture and a family picture among the pumpkins.  It was hard enough getting a good picture when B was little, but with two now, it is practically impossible.  This is the best shot I got.



The Hubs snagged a cup of boiled peanuts that we enjoyed while B jumped in one of the bouncy castles.  Then B and I picked out our pumpkins and were ready to go.  (C would not stop eating 'boiled me-nuts' as she calls them to pick out a pumpkin with us.)


It was a lovely morning, and I could have spent WAY more time and money there, but the kids got hungry and were ready to go.  I can't wait to get my bale of hay, so I can finish my outdoor decor--which of course includes the two pumpkins we brought home from the patch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment