Friday, January 3, 2014

Birthday Party Rewind: Veggie Tales Party


I got to thinking about celebrating and decided to do another party rewind post:  B's Veggie Tales second birthday party.  He first laid eyes on Veggie Tales as an infant and instantly loved it.  He was a hard and fast VT fan until he was about four and half, and sadly he has kinda moved on and will only watch it every now and then.  But I digress . . .

Printed Veggie Tales invitations are not easy to find, and I am not a fan of the fill-in-the-blank invitations.  So I made my own.  They were simple but sweet, and I was pretty proud of the cheesy little ditty that I wrote to mimic the show's theme song.


Since the party was between meals, I kept the menu light and full of veggies--obviously.  I served Cheetos, spinach dip with Fritos, celery and baby carrots, and cake and ice cream of course.  I did the cake myself and was really happy with how it turned out.

 


There were no bells and whistles with this party.  I made little green sugar cookies and decorated them as the French peas as the party favors--then I completely forgot to give them out to the kids.  I didn't even get a picture of them.  I didn't really get many pictures of this party at all.  But it was super fun and he loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment