Thursday, January 16, 2014

My hilarious oldest child

My kids are hilarious.  Now I know everyone says that about their kids, but mine are certifiably hysterical.   I like to think they get it honest from their mama, but their daddy has been known to get a few chuckles from time to time as well.  But I digress . . .

They are constantly amazing me with what they know and the new things they are doing, but B has really kept us in stitches lately.  One Sunday morning recently, while the Hubs was shaving, B decided he needed to shave too.  So the Hubs lathered him up.


 I pulled out the magnetic letters and a pan recently, and B has had a ball making his sight words and everyone's name.  We were hanging out in the living room one night recently, and he decided to make his numbers.  He made 1-20, and I was super impressed with how resourceful he was when he ran out of ones.


There is a local pizza place that we frequent way too often, and what the kids love about it the best is the chalkboard walls by several of the booths.  They love to get pizza and "color on the walls" so we have to rush to one of the coveted booths and get the kids busy with the chalk.  B drew Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales.  Then, with some spelling help from me, he wrote "Veggie Tales" underneath the veggies.  He was so proud--and so was I.


And as is evidenced by his Christmas gifts and his birthday party, he is WAY into Angry Birds.  Now, it has been WEEKS since he actually played the game on a phone or iPad, but he's got so many Angry Birds toys, I don't think he has missed it too much.  He loves to draw Angry Birds and carries around the various Angry Birds (and pigs) that he got for Christmas.  At lunch yesterday, they surrounded his plate while he ate.  Note the Angry Birds drawing in the background.


The kid is a crack up.  He keeps us in stitches and with his quick wit and unpredictable quirks, we never know what to expect from him.  I love that sweet boy with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment