Friday, January 10, 2014

Crock Pot Potato Soup



Oh, my goodness!  I made the most delicious Crock Pot Potato Soup Sunday, and I just have to share it.  It is super easy and absolutely scrumptious!!  And with the crazy cold weather we have been having lately, it has been perfect for lunch!

Crock Pot Potato Soup

30 oz bag shredded frozen hash browns
3 - 14oz cans chicken stock
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese

Put the hash browns, chicken stock, and canned soup in crock pot and cook on low about 8 hours.  During the last hour in the crock pot, add the cream cheese and let it melt.

That’s it!!!  Could it be any simpler???  And I had a friend that said she has made this without the can of soup.  I think next time I make it, I will try it without the canned soup.  Leaving it out certainly would make it healthier and less ‘processed.’  I have been eating this for lunch with either a salad or a sandwich since Monday and was able to get 5 serving out of the recipe with each serving being 303 calories.  Again, leaving out the canned soup would make it less than 300 calories per serving!


As you can see, I like to top mine with just a pinch of shredded cheddar, but it would also be great topped with bacon crumbles or green onions.

It is so yummy.  You've got to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment