Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kitchen Curtain Reveal

I mentioned several months ago that I had a kitchen curtain project on the horizon.  I bought the fabric and trim, managed to get it cut out, and then the holidays hit.  Between Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day, the fabric sat and waited to be made into the lovely curtains you are about to see.  Once all the holiday hullabaloo died down, Mom was able to get busy sewing them, and the Hubs and I were able to get busy finishing them up and hanging them.

So here are the before pictures of the plain, drab windows with sad metal blinds.  Unfortunately the metal blinds are still there, but I have plans to replace them with the more updated wood grain plantation blinds.  Two of the windows look out onto the front yard--one of the sink and one in the breakfast area.  (Please ignore the plastic cup, Crock Pot, and junky shelf in the pictures.)



The third window is also in the breakfast area and faces the side yard.


 And here is the finished product.  They are gorgeous, if I do say so myself.  I could not be happier with them.



 



The fabric is Richloom Kathranne in Licorice, and the tasseled trim was a steal from JoAnn's.

Kathranne Licorice 


Like I said, I am really happy with how these turned out and am very happy with the more finished look my kitchen and breakfast area have.

No comments:

Post a Comment