Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions

I confess:  I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions--mostly because I am not one to KEEP resolutions very well.  As usual, I plan to eat better, try to lose weight, exercise more, etc.  But I also know that I am not the best at 'sticking with' stuff like that.  I try, I promise I do!

But I have resolved this year to make a better effort at keeping our house clean.  Now don't get me wrong, our house is not anything that would have the Hoarders camera crew knocking on our doors.  I don't think you would find any cat skeletons in the house.  But it is not as clean and neat as I would like it to be.  So I have come up with my own version of one of those cute little cleaning schedules that you see on Pinterest all the time.  Here it is:

It's kind of hard to read, but there it is.  I plan to start Monday, so we will see how it goes.  As of right now, there is stuff everywhere, and I can feel my sanity slipping away.  Apparently, we are crazy people, because the Hubs and I decided to do a bit of a fruit basket turnover bedroom-wise in our house right before Christmas, and there is still a lot of stuff that needs to find a new home.  And I decided to go through all of the clothes the kids have outgrown and get it put away for consigning in the spring.  So a nice, neat house is hopefully on the horizon, but for now there are boxes everywhere.

I hope everyone has a fun New Year's Eve and enjoys ringing in the new year with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment