Friday, December 27, 2013

What's On the Tank {Abomination}

Recently, I did some substitute teaching at the high school where the Hubs works and was caught with a book in hand (just for when there were not students in the room).  A couple of the other teachers stopped and chatted with me for a bit about what type of books we like to read.  A few days later, the Hubs came home with Abomination by Colleen Coble on loan from a co-worker.





I have mixed feelings about it overall.  It was very interesting, and I knew from reading the Prologue that I absolutely had to know how it ended.  But getting there wasn't easy.  Basically, without giving too much away, the book is about a serial killer, one of his victims who gets away, and the police officer bent on catching the killer.  Kinda heavy stuff.  It is Christian fiction, so it was clean and profanity-free, but the subject matter can be tough to tackle.  BUT the surprise ending really floored me--and that doesn't normally happen.  If you like a good mystery with a real dark side, give Abomination a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment